Advertise with Us
250,000 — Northwestern Magazine, the University’s flagship alumni magazine, circulates to undergraduate, graduate and professional school alumni; faculty and staff; and parents of undergraduate students. It is published three times a year.
Ad Formats And Rates
Full-page (8 3/8" x 10 7/8")
Half-page (7 1/4" x 4 5/8")
Quarter-page (3 5/8" x 4 5/8")
Agency commission: 15% to all recognized agencies; space only.
Page spread discount: 10% for full facing pages.
Cover premiums: Cover 2 and 4: not available; Cover 3: 10%.
Frequency discounts: Three insertions, 20%.
Bleeds: No charge; full bleeds only.
No supplied inserts accepted.
|Publication date||Nov. 15||March 15||July 15|
|Insertion order||July 1||Nov. 1||March 1|
|Camera-ready art||Aug. 15||Dec. 15||April 15|
* Ad cancellations must be received in writing by the art deadline or a 10% penalty fee will be charged.
* Advance payment is required for first-time advertisers.
Trim size: 8 3/8 x 10 7/8 inches. Keep live materials 3/8 inch from trim size on all sides. For full-page ad, add 1/8-inch bleed on all sides.
Binding: Perfect bound.
Accepted materials: Print quality PDF file or original InDesign file. All colors must be specified as CMYK. Do not include RGB or PMS spot colors. Adobe CC applications are preferred software. Include all high-res (300 dpi) images and all fonts if sending original InDesign files.
Standards Of Advertising Acceptability
The Publisher expects that all claims, guarantees or representations made by advertisers regarding performance, quality and other characteristics of products or services can be substantiated.
Contract And Copy Regulations
- Advertisements are accepted upon the representation that the advertiser and its agency have the right to publish the contents thereof. In consideration of such publication, the advertiser and its agency agree to indemnify and hold the Publisher harmless against any expense or loss by reason of any claims arising out of publication.
- All contents of advertisements are subject to the Publisher's approval. The Publisher reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement, insertion order, space reservation or position commitment at any time and for any reason.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the Publisher except where a request for a specific preferred position is acknowledged by the Publisher in writing.
- All insertion orders are accepted subject to provisions of the current rate card. Rates are subject to change upon notice of at least 60 days from the Publisher. Should a change in rates be made, space reserved may be canceled by the advertiser or its agency at the time the change becomes effective without incurring short-rate charges, provided the advertisements published to the date of cancellation are consistent with the appropriate frequency rate.
- Conditions other than rates are subject to change by the Publisher without notice.
- No conditions other than those set forth in this rate card shall be binding on the Publisher unless specifically agreed to in writing by the Publisher. The Publisher will not be bound by conditions printed or appearing on order blanks or copy instructions that conflict with provisions of this rate card.
- The Publisher shall have no liability for errors in key numbers.
- The Publisher shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for any reason it fails to publish an advertisement.
- Mechanical production charges incurred on behalf of the advertiser or its agency in the preparation of advertising material will be rebilled at net cost.
- The Publisher shall have the right to hold the advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severally liable for such monies as are due and payable to the Publisher for advertising ordered by the advertiser or its agent and for which advertising was published.
Andrew Sohn, advertising representative
Send High Resolution Files To:
Christina Senese, art director
1603 Orrington Ave., Suite 200
Evanston, IL 60201
Phone: 847/467-6942 Fax: 847/491-3040
Updated: January 2019