Advertise with Us
Northwestern Magazine reaches more than 255,000 highly educated, sophisticated readers (alumni, faculty, staff, parents of undergraduate students, friends) who are engaged and influential in their communities around the world. The magazine is distributed to graduates from all 12 schools, including Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, Pritzker School of Law and Feinberg School of Medicine.
|Issue||Delivery Date||Files Due||Insertion Order Date|
|Fall||Sept. 1||June 1||April 15|
|Winter||Jan. 1||Oct. 1||Aug. 15|
|Spring||May 1||Feb. 1||Dec. 15|
* Ad cancellations must be received in writing by the art deadline or a 10% penalty fee will be charged.
* Full year commitment (3 issues) receives a 20% discount on the total price
|Ad Size||Color||Black and White|
|C3 (Inside Back Cover)||$7,000||N/A|
|C4 (2/3 Back Cover)||$6,750||N/A|
*There is a 10% discount for full spreads
2/3 Back Cover
Trim size: 8 3/8 x 10 7/8 inches. Keep live materials 3/8 inch from trim size on all sides. For full-page ad, add 1/8-inch bleed on all sides.
Binding: Perfect bound.
Accepted materials: Print quality PDF file or original InDesign file. All colors must be specified as CMYK. Do not include RGB or PMS spot colors. Adobe CC applications are preferred software. Include all high-res (300 dpi) images and all fonts if sending original InDesign files.
Send high resolution files to:
Christina Senese, Art Director
Phone: (847) 467-6942
Standards of Advertising Acceptibility
The Publisher expects that all claims, guarantees or representations made by advertisers regarding performance, quality and other characteristics of products or services can be substantiated.
Contract And Copy Regulations
- Advertisements are accepted upon the representation that the advertiser and its agency have the right to publish the contents thereof. In consideration of such publication, the advertiser and its agency agree to indemnify and hold the Publisher harmless against any expense or loss by reason of any claims arising out of publication.
- All contents of advertisements are subject to the Publisher's approval. The Publisher reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement, insertion order, space reservation or position commitment at any time and for any reason.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the Publisher except where a request for a specific preferred position is acknowledged by the Publisher in writing.
- All insertion orders are accepted subject to provisions of the current rate card. Rates are subject to change upon notice of at least 60 days from the Publisher. Should a change in rates be made, space reserved may be canceled by the advertiser or its agency at the time the change becomes effective without incurring short-rate charges, provided the advertisements published to the date of cancellation are consistent with the appropriate frequency rate.
- Conditions other than rates are subject to change by the Publisher without notice.
- No conditions other than those set forth in this rate card shall be binding on the Publisher unless specifically agreed to in writing by the Publisher. The Publisher will not be bound by conditions printed or appearing on order blanks or copy instructions that conflict with provisions of this rate card.
- The Publisher shall have no liability for errors in key numbers.
- The Publisher shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for any reason it fails to publish an advertisement.
- Mechanical production charges incurred on behalf of the advertiser or its agency in the preparation of advertising material will be rebilled at net cost.
- The Publisher shall have the right to hold the advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severally liable for such monies as are due and payable to the Publisher for advertising ordered by the advertiser or its agent and for which advertising was published.
Questions About Advertising? Contact:
Updated: February 2023